05 January 2009

Hooray for Santa!

I know it took me a long time to post our Christmas, but here are a few of the highlights.


When I was a kid there was nothing better than waking up on Christmas to a room full of presents and day to play with them. I think you could literally feel the magic on Christmas eve as you anticipated what Santa would leave you the next morning.
Now that I am (slightly) older, the magic is more real to me now, as I see the joy on my kids faces. On Christmas morning Brynnlee came in at 5am to ask permission to look at the presents downstairs. Just to see her face and know that she believes in that magic is so wonderful to me. I know that there are people who think that Santa shouldn't be part of this season, but not me. I am all for something that represents such joy and happiness, not to mention innocence. I love that my kids believe. And I do too.





3 comments:

Courtnie said...

Fun! Glad you had a good new year too and man, I am so going to stay up late and party on that cruise. Watch me hit the dance floor! H-O-T!!

Jordan said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I totally agree about the Santa thing- there is always a little magic at Christmas time :D

Kristen said...

Me too!