20 January 2009

God Bless America


I just got done watching the inauguration of President Obama. And gosh darn it if I didn't get a little teary during the whole thing!! I thought the whole campaign slogan thing "Can we make a difference? Yes we can!" was a little hokey. I rolled my eyes when he won. But watching President Obama's inauguration speech today, I was moved and hopeful for this nation. I believe that he can make a difference. I believe that we as Americans have a great opportunity to make for ourselves a better nation. I think that any person who would serve as President of the United States must love their country. I hope that the next 4 years are a fulfillment of the hopes and promises made today. I love this country and I feel so blessed to have been able to witness the democratic process in action. Though I didn't vote for Barack Obama, I am hopeful for the future. I believe that where much is given, much is required, and I am ready to do my part to help keep the United States if America the greatest nation on Earth. God bless America!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Stacie I too was moved to tears, and a very hopeful for the next few years. Now on to more important things.... Where are your Cruise pictures?? I am dying to see some fun and sun photos!! Hope you had a good time.

Courtnie said...

Stacie, I liked your post. I could see the tears as I read your words but I agree with Mandy. . .I thought this would be a cruise post! Get on it! :) Oh, and check out my blog. . .your cannon picture made it on there! Yeah yeah!