05 January 2009

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve started at my parents house. Dec 31 is my dad's birthday so we usually go out to dinner to celebrate. This year, we decided to have enchiladas at home. So 21 people came over for dinner at cake. The kids all gave my dad a Wii Fit (that's what he wanted) and Bubba found these rockin' awesome sweatbands. Dad was a good sport and put them on for this picture.

Then after the Maynard party we went to Clark and Susy's to ring in the new year. Clark lit a TON of illegal fireworks in the street, and then we went inside to eat some more. Finally we got the kids settled and in bed, and the adults went downstairs for the real party. But we were so tired from watching Clark's awesome pyrotechnic display, we all fell asleep at 12:20 (or so). But regardless, we had a great time, and are very grateful for the Cotterells and their illegal fireworks. (okay, there were no illegal fireworks. Clark is a bishop now, he can't really do things like that.)


So on the way home from Clark and Susy's, the night before finally caught up to the kids.
So Happy New Year to all!! We hope that 2009 brings plenty of fun, and plenty more rest!!

5 comments:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Looks like fun Stac. It was so fun seeing you in Dec. I cant wait to do it again. Jan. 22. Happy New year!!

Jordan said...

Glad you had a Happy New Year's! The fireworks sounded like fun!!!

Dave and Shelley, Spencer and Jake said...

You are getting so much mileage out of that picture of dad! He's going to write you out of the will for sure - I speak your $10.00!

Jaime said...

Hi! I miss my partner in crime and I've been wondering where my maid is all day! Your kids are so darling. My blog is ddavisfam.blogspot.com

Susy Cotterell said...

Thanks for ratting us out! Next time we celebrate with fireworks we won't invite the nark!! Yeah right, it's never a party without the Bonners!