13 June 2011

one chair, two chair, old chair, new chair


Because I like to switch up my furniture, I sold my sectional upstairs. I found another couch that I want up there, but it's on backorder for 6 weeks! So we moved the recliners (one was in our family room downstairs, and the other one was in the girl's room) into the tv room for seating for now.


So we had a big empty space in our family room downstairs. It just so happened that I had an old, yard sale chair sitting in my basement that I was going to try to re-upholster. It was going to be a desk chair, but I thought it could work in a formal sitting room. the chair was free, so I wouldn't be sad if I had to throw it away, should it turn out hideously.
.
So this is the new chair. I know, it looks like the lining of a sleeping bag, but this fabric was inexpensive, and I didn't want to invest too much if I was just going to throw it away.
I didn't get any pictures of the chair before I redid it, but this is the fabric. It's a baby blue velvet. quite fancy, actually.
I didn't really know what I was doing, I just made it up as I went along. So considering that, I'm really quite pleased with the way it turned out (camping plaid aside). My first reupholster was a success! So now I'm looking for something else to redo!

No comments: