04 June 2011

A choir concert

The girls had a program at school, and each grade did a little singing (or in Brynnlee's case, recorder) concert.
Lauren's grade sang "God Bless the USA" and if you're wondering why the camera is shaking nearly the whole time, it's because that song makes me cry!! Especially when sweet little voices are singing it!! I'll be the first to admit that I'm a crier. I can't help it! But your heart is made of stone if you're not moved by seven and eight year olds singing this song.
Brynnlee has been learning to play the golden tones of the recorder (the redheaded step-child of the flute). This is a rite of passage for 4th graders in Jordan school district, and has been since I was in 4th grade (so many, many years ago).

After each grade performed, I went to their classrooms so they could show me some special artwork they had been working on. Their school has a great art-awareness program. They do this thing called "Meet the Masters" and learn about famous artists. Ethan told me about how Picasso cut off his ear, and Lauren told me about Impressionism. Brynnlee recreated "Woman with a Hat" by Henri Matisse. It is all very impressive.
Since Lauren's video took nearly an hour to put on the blog, you will have to request by email or in person to see Brynnlee's video. Sorry, but that just took way to long to upload!

No comments: