03 November 2009

An attitude of gratitude

In this month of Thanksgiving, I have decided to focus on gratitude. I was inspired by reading a talk about having more gratitude. If you want to read it, go here.

Of course I am grateful for my family, our health, the gospel, my Savior and His Atonement. These are fairly obvious to me. But I am grateful for the small things. the everyday manifestations of my Heavenly Father’s love for me. So I want to post about things that I am grateful for, that I may recognize more blessings, and draw closer to Him that gave them to me.

So day one of my ‘attitude of gratitude’ I would like to give thanks for my children. I know it’s obvious, but they really are my greatest source of joy. Not just happiness, pure JOY! I love being a mom, and I love taking care of them. I love to squeeze them,and tuck them in every night. I love to listen to their stories, and help them learn new things. I especially love to hear them tell me they love me, too. I give gratitude for the blessings (and trials) of being a mother.

1 comment:

Ally said...

you sure do have great kiddos! lucky mom!