20 August 2009

Dino-mite!!

Do you know where the World's Largest Dinosaur Museum is? Here in Utah, at a place called Thanksgiving Point. That's right, the whole world. So Thanksgiving Point runs a deal in the summer called "Two Dollar Tuesday" where you can get into the world's largest disnosaur museum for... you guessed it, two bucks. So Tuesday, my friend Courtnie and I braved the crowds (and I do mean crowds, at least a million people) and took our little ones to explore the Museum of Ancient Life.
It was very interesting and the kids loved seeing all the fossils and skeletons. they have a lot of hands on exhibits, where you can touch and feel different things. There is also a big sandbox, with water where you can build a canyon, but at least 300 kids were already playing there, so sadly for my children, we didn't get to partake of the germs, I mean build a canyon.

Ethan pretending to read about a Triceratops.

Kids not being scared of a giant shark. They tried to tell me this was real, but there's no foolin' me!


Like I said, the whole thing is really hands-on, and this exhibit showed where certain dinos probably lived.

Here are Brynn and Ethan making their own dinosaur with velcro appendages. Kind of creepy, 'cause you could have a headless, 5 legged creature, but whatever.


So on day 2 of being off track, we already have had 2 educational field trips (Monday we went to This is The Place State Park, but I forgot my camera). So now we can do nothing else for the two and a half weeks left before we go back. I wouldn't want my kids to learn too much.

6 comments:

Courtnie said...

That sure was fun! Even if it did reek of 5 million people! Ha ha. Tomorrow should be better with just a few of us participating in an activity. Love the post.

Ally said...

DINO-mite!!

Jordan said...

Looks like a lot of fun- even with all the millions of people there :)

ba and the boys said...

we went last year on $2 tuesday and it was fun but way way too many people. and i dont like other peoples kids that much.
of course i love your kids...
glad they had fun.

WanderingJennie said...

Whoa...best Mom ever.

lisa said...

your kids are so stinkin cute! i loved year-round and miss it sometimes! can't wait to see what adventures you have planned for the rest of their time off!