13 February 2010

I am a Janeite

Jane Austen

I admit it. I love everything Jane Austen. She was a literary genius!! I remember reading Pride and Prejudice when I was in the 9th grade and I have been in love ever since. My mom and I would watch the old movie, with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson. When the BBC version came out on A&E, we watched the miniseries, and bought the DVD when it came out. And though it isn’t as true to the story as the BBC version, the most recent Keira Knightly one is my favorite. I watch it probably once a month.

But I haven’t actually read the book since the 9th grade. And I don’t think I have read any other Austen books in at least 10 years.  So I am going to read all of her novels, and try to read her other short stories, so feel free to join me and maybe we can discuss which one of her works os her masterpiece. Though I think we can safely say right now it’s Pride and Prejudice.

3 comments:

ba and the boys said...

i have never read a jane book all the way thru.
i hope you will still be my friend...

Jeri said...

Me! I will! Though I have about five books I need to read first.

So give me... five days to start. ;)

Jordan said...

I totally agree! I love all her work, but P&P is my favorite :)