15 January 2010

Talents

Once my friend, let’s call her Ally, told me that I needed to be better at accepting compliments. Then she made me say 3 things that I was good at. Guess what I said?

1. Eating pie (‘cause once Jeff said that was one of my talents)

2. Making amniotic fluid

3. I don’t remember what else I said

So ever since then, I have tried to be more gracious at accepting compliments. I also have been thinking of what I am actually good at. So I am going to toot my own horn, butter my own bread, pat myself on the back, (you get the idea) for this post.

1. I am creative. I can make wicked cute tags and cards.

2. I am friendly, and I think I can put people at ease.

3. I have a newly discovered love of sewing. I’m not sure I would call this a talent yet, but I want it to be. And I have a very talented mom, who had a very talented mom, who had a talented mom, etc. so I think I have the gene.

4. I am a REALLY good cleaner. You could eat off my floors, but don’t because that’s gross.

5. I am an awesome speller.

6. I am a fantastic reader. I can read fast, and I can remember what I read. I love reading.

7. I can’t sing very well, but I can remember lyrics. Especially for Disney songs. Weird, I know.

 

So there you go. Now I would love for you, my readers, to leave a comment about what your talents are. What you are good at, or even a talent you are developing. Because we all could use a little love, especially from ourselves.

9 comments:

lisa said...

you ARE good at Disney lyrics...especially from the Lion King! (remember?) You are super talented and always have been. Thanks for chatting the other day, it was nice to talk! I can't wait until the weather gets better then we can go to lunch again!

Lindsay Kay said...

That brings back many, many memories of singing Disney back in the day.:) You're a very talented and friendly person.:)

Anonymous said...

Let's get together, ya ya ya and sing, k?
Talents are a funny thing, huh? I like the sewing thing too. Let's show each other our latest projects, k? I loved the girls dresses by the way.

WanderingJennie said...

About myself? Uhhhhh..........

WanderingJennie said...

I totally agree about yours, though! I did eat off your floors, and it was yummy! And you do make really cute stuff, and all that other stuff.

Ally said...

let's see, i think a talent of mine is cooking. hmmm, i think i am a good listener and i try my best...from your friend, ally

(p.s.--you really are quite talented and a really great friend!)

(p.p.s--i love that the word verification that i had to type on here was dingit!)

ba and the boys said...

1. im really cute.
2. i also suck at singing but can sing most musicals and alot of disney songs from the 1990s.
3. and i have also taken up sewing. but i cant make cute skirts. the boys just dont have the legs for them...

Dave and Shelley, Spencer and Jake said...

If you ever want to be entertained ask Stacie to sing the theme from Tail Spin.

stacie said...

and ducktales, and chip and dale rescue rangers. I do actions, too.