29 June 2009

I NEED YOUR HELP!!




Attitude, attitude, attitude. That's about all I get from this girl. And not a happy attitude, either. She cries when it's time for school, she cries when it's time for church, she cries if Lauren gets something she doesn't, she cries when she doesn't like what's for dinner,she cries if she doesn't like what I pick out for her to wear, she cries if someone looks at her "in a grumpy way". You might think it's because summer is almost here, but she's pretty much been this way for the last several months. Crying, pouting, complaining, and crying some more. I have tried everything I can think of. Is it because she's 8? Is it because she is a girl? Is it because she doesn't get enough attention? Is it because I am a terrible mom? What should I do???

7 comments:

janalee said...

I'm voting for these:
she's 8
she's a girl
girls are dramatic
Venus is in the third house
Mars is in the first house
she's being brainwashed by aliens

:) Good luck LOL I have one just like her at home.

Courtnie said...

Stacie! If only I had any good advice. I'll be coming to you in 4 1/2 years!

lisa said...

Sorry-I'm laughing. My girls are the same way. They cry if they don't get a 'certain' bowl, cup, spoon, whatever to eat with. They cry if their hair isn't right, if their shoes look funny-whatever. I just think it's a girl thing. I TRY to ignore the crying and give them lots of loves when they DON'T cry--but that's not too often. We've had FHE's on attitude and everything--honestly, I just think they are girls. And I KNOW WE were never like that! Good luck Stac!

WanderingJennie said...

Send her to us for a couple of weeks. That's my advice. I'll try the magic wand on her and everything. I'm about to go all "dog whisperer" on you, so you've been warned.

Children need these thngs to succeed, in this order:
1. Consistency
2. Discipline that is fair and equal and predictable
3. Affection
4. A calm environment

5. Parents who show kindness to each other
6. Structure
7. Exercise
8. Work
9. Fun
10. At home learning
11. Dialogue

You got those going on, so just maintain that environment, and she'll ride it out with flying colors soon(unless she is going to begin menstration at age 10, like me....then she'll ride it out in 15 years. Good luck! But if you do want to ship her out here, for the record, we'd love to have her. Call me!

ba and the boys said...

i think it is being 8. parker is the same way and i swear he might not make it to 9...

Jordan said...

Don't think that you're a bad mom- she's just being a girl! I'm sure this too shall pass- hopefully sooner, rather than later :)

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Ha, ha ha! What goes around comes around! Good luck Stacie!